**BREAKING NEWS** The AGA man has moved his blog!

The AGA man's blog has moved AND it has a new title as David is no longer the AGA man! Please go to davidseverywhere.wordpress.com where you will find lots of old posts from the AGA Pointing days plus photos and updates from Gina and Tom Ellis Racing (where David now works). There will also be plenty of words (and pics) about point-to-point horse racing.

Monday, July 9, 2012

AGA goes to Coward country, Skackleton, North Yorkshire

I recently paid a visit to the home of our new AGA Champions, Jacqueline Coward and Amicelli, as ever the welcome was as warm as the Yorkshire sunshine, here's the story in words and (lots of) pictures.
A visit to Yorkshire is always a pleasure - especially on a sunny day in May, and this one was no exception, even though I only managed to complete half of it. I made a rather woeful attempt to find the Mason yard - I have a map for next time, but fared rather better when it came to finding the Coward yard. 
L to R - "Cliff", Laertes, not sure and Chancery Lad
**thanks to Helen Schofield for help with names
"Franny" foreground, and Discussion Forum
Is that our AGA Champion? Sure is, and doesn't he know it!
I was anticipating a warm welcome from the Coward team and that is exactly what I got, although our reigning AGA Champion was confined to bed following a nasty bout of sickness ... mind you, she did manage to make it as far as the couch later in the morning!


Ben Woodhouse and Leedfka
Amicelli leads up Leedfka and ... a bird!
Amicelli and Jane lead up Leedfka and Ben
Ben (nearest) on Leedfka and Jane on Amicelli
Samantha Coward was my guide for the day and I was given a fantastic tour of Coward country on a buggy that I can only describe as "turbo-charged", and I loved every minute of it. However, Samantha wouldn't agree that Durham was the best county in the world with Yorkshire a close second (as if I expected her to!).   
The view as Samantha took me back to the yard in the buggy ... nice isn't it?
Third time around for Jane and Ben
Helen Schofield on Sonevafushi leads up Bob Woodhouse on
Alfie Moon, and Cherry Coward on Alfoisin 
Second time around for Helen (leading), Cherry (pink) and Bob
I could quite easily have stayed all day and if I had then I would have taken a bit of time to try and persuade Cherry to trade her Redfyre in for a brand new AGA - you know you want to Cherry!
Jane with the AGA Champ
This fella really does know when the camera is on him ...
When you go to a yard a notebook is an essential piece of kit ... mine was still on the dining room table at home, schoolboy error!
"Take my picture please ..."
Cherry was not listening when I tried to explain why the Redfyre had to go ... 
Helen washing off Sonevafushi and Cherry washes down Alfoisin
My visit would not have been complete without this strategically
placed AGA rug making an appearance
Suits you!
Definitely posing for this one!
Samantha had to move in quickly straight after I took this one as 'Celli was just about to roll! Sam whipped the rug off just in the nick of time, so our Champ sulked and decided he wanted to come in.
One more pick of grass and I'm rolling ...
The boss on Diamond Alice, with Bob Woodhouse on Chancery Lad
I headed home via the Coward kitchen where I couldn't resist the tin of freshly baked buns ... I took one for the journey!
Cherry and Bob head out for 3rd lot with Helen on "Cliff"