**BREAKING NEWS** The AGA man has moved his blog!

The AGA man's blog has moved AND it has a new title as David is no longer the AGA man! Please go to davidseverywhere.wordpress.com where you will find lots of old posts from the AGA Pointing days plus photos and updates from Gina and Tom Ellis Racing (where David now works). There will also be plenty of words (and pics) about point-to-point horse racing.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Bank holiday bonanza for AGA as the crowds come out in force for a very unique point-to-point meeting at Peper Harow

The M25 on a Bank Holiday weekend is no fun whatsoever, and I can tell you that I was bored stiff as I sat on this four lane car park for what seemed like hours. Was it worth it? Yes it was! I had been told that I would find Peper Harow unique, I did and I also liked it - a lot!
Beazo was on course long before the AGA man today and he must have been missing me as he rang me to find out where I was! I arrived just as the heavens opened and sensibly stayed put in the car until the rain had eased off. The sun was soon out but I was thankful that I had made a last minute decision to pop my wellies into the boot.
Two of the lady riders in our race had their eye on the 10 points for our championship, Gina Andrews (pictured above right), and Hannah Lewis, both very keen to get over the 30 point mark before Stratford. Seven lined up with Extra Bold (Rilly Goschen) sent off the 5/2 favourite.

It was a decent race by all accounts, but therein lies the problem, there is no vantage point on this course that allows you to view the whole race - unless you're with the commentator, but it didn't seem to bother the enormous crowd! With a circuit still to run Terra Bleu (Clare Wills - red) and Extra Bold (Rilly Goschen) were neck and neck, and they would be seperated by a neck when they passed the post, with Extra Bold getting the verdict.
I really would like to tell you more about the race but as I only saw them jump the last - above, I can't, in fact I didn't even see them cross the line.
It was the first time we had seen Rilly win an AGA Ladies open since her win on Lucky Nellerie at Welbeck during our first season, and as you can see she was delighted. I reckon we'll see Extra Bold again in ladies races, watch this video and see what Rilly thinks.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxYSlfia1Nc
Not long after this photo was taken Beazo tried to jump the fence to take a short-cut into the paddock ... and ended up flat on his backside! There was quite a crowd watching and I managed to stop laughing long enough to whip my camera out, but I'm saving that photo for another time.
During our walk around the lorry park Joanna Andrews provided some nice homemade pie and a cup of tea for me and the AGA boys, and we put our order in for next week!
A group of girls had wondered out on to the course after the last race, they were obviously lost so Derek pointed them in the direction of the champagne tent!
As I started this blog with a photo of Beazo I thought I would also finish it with one, but not the one of him flat on his backside! We enjoyed our day at Peper Harow, and it certainly ticked a lot of boxes for AGA, with some decent enquiries for new cookers coming our way ... and the M25 was a lot quieter on the way home!