**BREAKING NEWS** The AGA man has moved his blog!

The AGA man's blog has moved AND it has a new title as David is no longer the AGA man! Please go to davidseverywhere.wordpress.com where you will find lots of old posts from the AGA Pointing days plus photos and updates from Gina and Tom Ellis Racing (where David now works). There will also be plenty of words (and pics) about point-to-point horse racing.

Monday, February 20, 2012

The AGA Pointing team are back on the road - is this Ston Easton or Glastonbury? The story of an AGA pointing weekend in words and pictures, part 1

There are more pictures than words and I can also report that we thoroughly enjoyed our day, come pointing, you'll love it!
 
Early start, up at 5am and on the road by 5.45am, arrived in good spirits (as always), but we had to be towed in ... an ominous sign!

And this was on the way in!
Take note of the colour of the grass, it's green ... but for
how much longer?
And the rain starts to fall
Happy with our spot on the course we set everything up with a spring in our step. We were all ready to enjoy the pony racing ... and then it started, slowly at first.

They look pensive, I think they know what's coming!
At this point there was a rumour that Michael Fish had been spotted in the paddock uttering the words "it's only a shower".

That grass is not looking so green now!
So, we start to accept that we are going to get wet, but hey, we're AGA Pointing, if we're going to get wet then we'll do it in style and we'll enjoy it!

It's starting to turn brown!
It looks brighter in the distance ... let me assure you, it
stayed in the distance!
"Any chance of getting me back on that wagon?"
"And me!"
The mud was really starting to fly now and the AGA race was run in monsoon conditions, great race, and the wettest presentation I have ever seen afterwards!

A very bedraggled presentation party!
Brown stuff!
As we were in the heart of Barber country I couldn't
resist a picture - Paul, owner of Denman is on the left
And another one - Richard is in the green jacket
While we are on the subject of the Barber family, I must mention that our destination after racing was Peckmoor Farm B&B, for an overnight stay with Sarah and Jeremy Barber before our trip to Dorset on Sunday. I asked a question upon booking which was met with the quote of the pointing season so far. I asked whether Sarah had an AGA (we would have booked somewhere else if not), to which Sarah replied "Of course I have an AGA, it would be my first priority if I lived in a tent".

This could be Glastonbury!
Note the mud splattered AGA sign!
And then the sun came out!
Sun or no sun we still needed the tractor!
Towed in and towed out
And then he came back for the trailer!
Derek - supervising!
What fun we had in the mud, I even managed to sprint through it after the last race to collect a winning bet ... most of you have met me, so you will know that me and sprinting don't go, it was entertaining! 

Goodbye mud!
AGA - last to leave, we were soaked to the skin but still smiling, and with one more glance at the mud we were off to Peckmoor Farm to dry out by the AGA!